You may have noticed that I’ve been racing the deadline the last couple of days — I even managed to post the strip about a half hour late tonight — though I’m working on tomorrow’s through the rest of the week tonight, so hopefully this will be a one-time occurrence. I’m really taking all aspects of Melonpool seriously these days, so I don;t want to get tripped up by not having a buffer again (that was what caused a lot of my problems update-wise from 1996-2005).
Anyway, the reason this week has been so hectic is that I’m finally rebuilding the puppets that were stolen from my shop back in October. Basically, it looks like the originals will never be recovered, so it’s time to get back to work. Anyway, the time had to come from somewhere, so the comic has to suffer a bit as I find my balance again. I’m all about balance, these days. It’s something that I’m having a much easier grasp of that years before. I hesitate to say it, but I may actually be growing up.
Says the puppeteer/cartoonist.
At any rate, because I’ve been back in the shop, I decided to document my progress on Instagram. Check out @melonpool if you’d like to follow that — as well as other Melonpool goodies like the prepping of the puppet set and even sometimes a sneak peak at the creation of the comic. Here’s a direct link, if that’s more your style!
Thanks for being so patient! Even at its worst, I think this new reboot has been a lot of fun so far. I have some great things coming up in the next couple of weeks!
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)